Fill Painting Dice and Tokens
We engrave dice and make custom tokens. We do not "fill" or color the
engraving on the dice or tokens. Why should you pay me my hour labor cost
when you can do it yourself.
What you will need:
- Engraved Dice or tokens. (wood does not fill well, the paint bleeds
out into the grain of the wood)
- Alcohol wipes, like baby wipes but with alcohol on them. Look in
the medical section of the store. You can also use a paper towel and
alcohol, but the wipes are stronger and do not tear apart as easy.
- Paint. I use acrylic hobby paint. I like to use acrylic, because
it does not smell and the alcohol acts as a solvent and helps to
- You need a flat smooth surface
How to Paint Your Dice or Tokens
- Paint the dice face. Just work the paint down into the engraving.
You do not need to be neat.
- Let the paint dry a little.
- Place the wipe on the flat surface.
- Wipe the dice across the alcohol wipe. You want it on the flat surface,
do not hold the wipe in you hand. You finger will push the wipe into
the engraving. Having it on the flat surface minimized this.
Never clean acrylic with a spray windows cleaner, alcohol or similar products. They will
cause the acrylic to crack. You can Search You Tube and find some great
demonstrations on what happens.
Disclaimer: This is an accessory for the game, not a replacement. You
will need to have a copy of the game to play. This project is in no way affiliated or endorsed by
the publishers or trademark holders of the game.